Pilot 4 Research and Dialogue is looking for providers to organize a Consultation Event about the project’s first study on Tanzania’s Macroeconomic and Fiscal Reforms – Positive Developments At the mid-term of the 5 Year Plan.
The suggested date for the event is March 2021.
DEADLINE: 5 February 2021
Details are also available in the Terms of Reference (PDF/0.31MB)
Scope of the Service
- The scope of the service is to organize a consultation Event about the project’s first study on Tanzania’s Macroeconomic and Fiscal Reforms – Positive Developments At the mid-term of the 5 Year Plan
- 3 topics have been identified (each of these topics will be discussed during a 2-3 hour session). These topics are: 1. The Mining Sector; 2. SDGs; 3. Youth engagement in national development (e.g. youth in the horticulture sector). However we are open to discussion regarding these topics.
- Our initial target was to attract approx. 100-150 participants to the consultation events, including key stakeholders, but because of Covid-19 we have decided to switch to an online event, which will be organized on a platform like Zoom, and simultaneously streamed online on a channel like YouTube, in order to be open for participation to a larger audience.
- Suggested date: March 2021, with possibly three sessions of two-three hours each, either in immediate succession, or organized over successive weeks.
- Each session will start with one commissioned paper presentation (thought-provoking keynote speech of 10-15mn max), followed by a debate with 3-4 panellists and Q&As with the audience. Each session will last maximum 3 hours. The panellists should be recruited among researchers, good speakers, experts, civil society organizations, the private sector, and the government.
- The registration to the event will be compulsory. But non registered participants will have the opportunity to follow the event on Youtube.
- Registration to the event is free.
Eligibility and profile of applicants
We are looking for an organization experienced in:
- Online Events
- Moderation, Dialogue
- Management of Events
Activities to be implemented:
- Participate in online coordination meetings with the project team starting on February 8th.
- Propose an agenda and speakers to be validated by the team, and by the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
- Send out invitations (we need to have minimum 20 participants). – Advertise the event well in advance.
- Create an online form for registration (with the team).
- Manage registrations.
- Create the zoom links with the coordinator.
- Co-moderate the event including the chat.
- Record the Event.
- Draft the first report of the event.
Note: The agenda and Presentations should display the project and EU logos and add the mention “co-funded by the European Union”.
The available budget for the study is 5000 Euros for the provider + per diems for speakers and presenters (200 Euros for the three keynote speeches) and 100 Euros for the other panellists (3-4 per panel).
All amounts are VAT included.
Procedure for Submission of Proposals:
Proposals should include details on relevant experience, a proposed agenda outline, and online tools to be employed, as well as the budget, experience and CVs of organizers. Proposals should be submitted to info[at]pilot4dialogue.com with copy to elise.feron[at]tuni.fi, pascaline.gaborit[at]pilot4dev.com, and olomi[at]imedtz.org before the 5th of February 2021.