Dr. Kaihula Bishagazi
Dr. Kaihula Bishagazi (with a Doctorate in Business Administration) has an over 10 years experience as a lecturer at Saint Augustine University of Tanzania in the faculty of Business Administration where she also served as the head of Department of Accountancy and Finance for over 8 years. She has worked with Local Government Authorities in advocacy and sensitization of tax policy issues. She has also been involved in several consultancies on policy advocacy and Public Private Dialogues (PPDS) relating to Local Economic Development (LED). She is also an expert in monitoring and evaluation of projects. Apart from that she has led teams in major consultancies with SAUT relating to assessment of the financial sustainability of the University and its constituent colleges and appraisal of human resources policies.
As a CPA (T), she is also a trainer of accountants at both academic and professional levels where she has been involved in training accountants and district treasurers in different Local Government Authorities, mining companies and several church institutions. Throughout the years, she has been a professional advisor in issues relating to financial accounting reporting, taxation, budgeting and strategic management. She is currently a board member of Nyakahoja English Medium School in Mwanza. Moreover, she has won several IUCEA scholarships for an exchange programme to teach Independent University of Kigali in Kigali, Rwanda. The following are some of the important publications/research that she has been involved in:
- Bishagazi, P.K (2020). The Role of Public Private Dialogues (PPDs) in Local Economic Development in Tanzania (Current Research)
- Bishagazi, P.K (2020). Sustainable Local Development in Tanzania: Exploring Economic Activities and Challenges in Growing the Economy, Journal of Public Administration and Finance (Accepted for Publication)
- Bishagazi, P.K, Kaliba, A., & Gongwe, A. (2020). Financial Inclusion in Tanzania: Determinants, Barriers, and Impact. (Submitted for Publication)
- Desta, I., Bishagazi, P.K, & Kifle, T. (2019). Industry Characteristics and Voluntary Disclosure in Private Mining and Manufacturing Firms in Tanzania, Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, 53 (3), 141-154, Summer.
- Bishagazi, P.K (2019). An Economic Review of the fifth Government 2015-2019: The Past, the Present and the Future. A paper presented in the CCM-Mwanza Conference for Academicians held on 3rd August, 2019.