Mr. Nicodemas Lema
Mr. Nicodemas C. Lema is an Economics Lecturer at the University of Dodoma in the Department of Economics and Statistics. He is currently doing his PhD in Economics at the University of Dar es Salaam with a focus on macroeconomic policy and structural transformation. He is an Economist with BSc. Economics and MSc. Economics with specialization in Economic Policy Analysis and Planning from Mzumbe University. He specializes in a wide number of areas which include Macroeconomic Policy, Project Planning, Econometrics, Development Economics, and Structural Transformation. He has written a number of articles in areas such as Tax, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Agriculture as well as Informal Sector. Some of his papers include:
- Maskaeva A., Mmasa J., Lema N. and Mgeni M. (2019). Tax Instruments for Tanzania’s Industrialization Growth. The European Proceedings of Social and Behavioural Sciences, (ISSN:2357-1330). Available online at https://doi.org/10.15405/epsbs.2019.12.05.109
- Lema N.C.(2014).AnalysisintotheFactorsinfluencingtheLevelofSmallScaleHouseholdFarmers’Off-FarmIncome amongst the Grape Farmers in Dodoma Tanzania. International Research Journal of Social Science, (ISSN: 2319 – 3565) Vol 3(11), 8 – 16. Available online at http://www.isca.in/IJSS/Archive/v3/i11/2.ISCA-IRJSS-2014-122.pdf
- Lema N.C. (2013). Assessment on the Informal Sector and its impact to the Economy in Tanzania: A case study of Arusha Municipality. International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, (ISSN: 2249 – 2496), Vol 3(2), 184-198. Available online at https://www.indianjournals.com/ijor.aspx?target=ijor:ijrss&volume=3&issue=2&article=013
- Maskaeva A.I. and Lema N.C. (2012). Peculiarities of Development of the Labour Migration in European Countries. Scientific Theory and Applied Journal “bulletin of the institute of economics and management NovSU”. Russia, Veliky Novgorod. No. 3. P. 39-41
- Lema N. C. (2012). Participation of Small-Scale Household Farmers in Various Off-farm Income Generating Activities: Empirical Evidence from Grape Farmers in Dodoma. Russian Scientific and Practical Conference «Economics and Management in the XXI century: Contemporary Issues and Trends». Russia, Veliky Novgorod. Yaroslav-the-Wise Novgorod State University. P. 134-138.
- Lema N. C. and Dimoso R. L. (2011). Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in Tanzania: The Granger- Causality Analysis. Uongozi Journal of Management and Development Dynamics, (ISSN: 0856-1435) Vol 22(2), 22 – 37.
Apart from being an academician, he is also a consultant and a researcher. He has done and has experience in various areas including Fiscal Reform, Monitoring and Evaluation, Impact Assessment, Policy formulation and assessment and the like.