Dr. Victoria Oscar Makuya
Victoria Makuya is a consultant and lecturer at the University of Dodoma. In particular, she specializes in marketing, entrepreneurship, food science and technology, business, value chain, subsector performance and agricultural economics areas.
Currently is working as a consultant and lecturer at the University of Dodoma. Victoria has eleven years of experience in academic work, consultancy work and team player in various works. At the university, she has served in various positions such as coordinator for examination, fieldwork supervisor, undergraduate and postgraduate research supervisor, academic adviser, head of department of marketing and entrepreneurship, examination moderator and internal examiner for postgraduate research and publishing together as team leader in various projects.
Victoria graduated her PhD in agricultural economics at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA), School of Agricultural Economics and Business studies. She has a master’s degree in Business administration majoring in marketing and entrepreneurship from the University of Dar es Salaam (UDBS). But also acquired a degree of Food science and technology at SUA, the then department of food science and home economics.
- As a consultant, she has worked in developing curriculum, facilitation guide and Assessment Plan for NTA level 4, 5 and 6 and postgraduate degrees programs as an expert in Entrepreneurship to the social work for Ministry of Health, Community development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and NACTE.
- She has been and still is an external examiner and examinations moderator at the College of Business Education, Dodoma.
- Previously, she has worked with Business Associates in evaluating supply chain performance of maize grain of Tanzania on behalf of Prime Minister’s Office.
- She had also worked in assessing the capacity of Councils to implement the National Integrated Case Management system (NICMS) with President’s office Regional authorities and Local Government (PO-RALG) and Ministry of Health, Community development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC).
- In summary, she has also experience of working in areas of project management, monitoring, evaluation, planning and analysing, training (capacity building), curriculum development and all sorts of research. Preparing business plans and budgeting. But also financial analysis for new or on-going businesses and market strategizing but also working with various NGOs, government, CSO’s and private entities.
- She has also worked as Customer service officer and Assistant Station In-charge of Precision Air Services. Administrator for Part-time Programs and Entrepreneurship centre at the UDBS and Sales Representative at Shelys Pharmaceuticals Limited- Dar es Salaam.
Generally, she has a strong orientation in areas of value chain for agricultural crops, supply chain, marketing, entrepreneurship, economics of crops, economic well-being determination, social work, sociology, maternal and childhood nutrition, child protection, integrated water, sanitation and hygiene (iWASH), sexual and reproductive health, communication, case management, poverty reduction, gender mainstreaming, community development, governance and social protection. She is also conversant in using analytical statistical packages in analysing and interpreting field data i.e. SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, NVIVO, MICROFIT and planning M&E software i.e. PlanRep3. She is also ready to learn new technology and methods.